Friday, April 30, 2010

Showers


While the kitchen is undoubtedly the heart of the house, and probably the most fun to design, the master bedroom and bath are important for escaping the grinds of the day, and fun to design as well. While I do enjoy a bath from time to time, but if I had to choose between a shower or a tub, the shower would win. Showers just feel so amazing, bath water gets cold, a shower doesn't, unless you shower for an hour!

While quasi-camping in Cheyenne a couple of years ago, we went to the community center and used the pool showers. Granted, it was basically a locker room shower, not a shower room, but individual stalls. It was at that moment that I realized that I love open showers! The shower above is exactly what I want, it was featured on Sunset.com. I love the openness of a shower without a door, just a couple of walls so it doesn't get drafty.

The other thing I love about showers is the tile to outfit them. I am currently obsessed with Moroccan Zillege (tiles). If Zillege were in my shower, I probably would spend an hour in there! The
colors of these tiles are so rich and the variations in shading is amazing. Sadly, I have not been able to locate Zillege in Colorado. I either have to travel to get them or start my own import company...hmmm?

About the same time I had my epiphany of open showers, I realized I want an outdoor shower as well. Something about the outdoor shower that reminds me of the beach. Being able to clean off the salt and sand between romps in the ocean, just makes the whole beach experience even betta. I also want an outdoor kitchen, an outdoor bedroom, an outdoor movie theater...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe