Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wall Decals


In a previous blog, the topic was art, "Art as the Heart". When a change is needed, a big change, like a whole new style, start with art. Art not only represents the color that you want in your home, your life, it also represents the style. Abstract for a modern style, impressionism for traditional or a combination of styles to feed my inner Bohemian. I can look for art for clients for color, but I want them to have the final say on content, they have to live with it, not me. But there comes a time when a change is needed and it can't wait for the art.

I have been working on a color story and furniture selection for a clients new home. The home is contemporary with a beautiful gray wood floor, so we are going with a beachy contempo style, beachy as in colors and feel, laid back and comfy. My client has a great wall for art, but no art to put on it. This is not one of those situations where I can wait for art to be the heart. Something has to be put up, all be it temporary, but something...WALL DECALS!

I had already planned on using a decal in my clients dining nook, but while searching for art for the living area, it hit me, use another decal. Decals come in a wide range of colors and styles, not to mention they are big enough to cover a good size area. They are visually appealing and they are temporary, or not.

There are a ton of websites with wall decals, I have listed a few that I really liked: www.modernwallgraphics.com, www.dezignwithaz.com (the decal above is from Z), www.tradingphrases.com (great phrases and graphics, love the Chinese symbols) www.dalidecals.com, www.allposters.com (decals and ART, great website!) www.shophandmade.com.

If you want a change and you don't know where to start, start with art. If you want an immediate change without an investment...throw on a decal!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe