Friday, July 20, 2012

summer grub: radish greens pesto


My neighbor and I planted a garden in the spring and the radishes were the first crop ready for pickin.  I know what to do with radishes, but I wondered if the greens were edible as well, and guess what, they are!  This Radish Greens Pesto dish has quickly become a favorite, fresh and peppery, too bad all our radishes are gone.

Radish Greens Pesto -adapted from Chocolate and Zucchini

Radish greens, a good sized handful, rinsed really well in a salad spinner
1 clove garlic
1 T grated Parmesan
1 T pine nuts
½ to 1 oz. olive oil
S & P
Zest from ½ a lemon
Red pepper flakes

Combine radish greens, garlic, Parmesan, pine nuts and olive oil in a small food processor.  Season to taste with S & P.

I love this pesto on cheese ravioli.  Top with lemon zest, red pepper flakes and extra Parm.  Serves 2.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe