Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re-Styling for Spring


It is that time of year to change out a few colors and accessories. Put away the brown pillows and bring out the yellow. Store the rust colored rug and put out the aqua one. Pack up the pine cones and display the shells. It is not exactly a secret that I am a Summer person, I love sunshine and heat! Yes, I do live in Colorado, we have snow in Winter and amazing sunshine in Summer (well, not so much last Summer, but I survived). I can deal with snow in Winter, but snow in Spring is another story. Yes, I am Irish, but March is my least favorite month. We had snow and temperatures in the teens last week then yesterday it was 82! We know to dress in layers, but wool socks and flip flops are not exactly fashionable...anywhere.

On those days that Winter refuses to go away, I at least have my shells and sunflowers to keep me smiling. Colors and accessories are not the only thing to Re-Style for Spring, try re-arranging furniture. Re-arranging furniture is not exactly a Spring thing, but why stop with accessories. Maybe you have a fireplace and the furniture is grouped around it in Winter. Look at your furniture in the great room, is the sofa pushed up against the wall, miles away from the rest of the furniture? Play with it, tweak it, try angles, maybe switch out a chair and ottoman with one somewhere else in the home.

Bring the outdoors in with flowers and possibly an outdoor chair, table, floor cushions, etc. Yes, Chinese garden stools are a bit of a trend, but I still love them. They come in an array of colors and can really add a small but powerful change to a room. Switch out a shag rug with a natural jute one. Be creative, be daring, but always be stylish...no socks with flip-flops please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe