Thursday, November 18, 2010

food for thought: big salad

I know it is now officially Winter, but I love BIG SALADS for dinner!


My latest salad obsession came from my renewed love of Thousand Island dressing. Thousand Island was my dressing of choice as a child, Ranch hadn't been invented yet.

This weeks salad has been a mix of Romaine, avocado, grape tomatoes, beets (a super veggie), hard boiled egg and Thousand Island. Hearts of Palm is also fantastic in this salad. I found a great recipe on foodnetwork.com for the dressing and I of course tweaked it a bit.

Thousand Island Dressing
  • Clove of garlic, minced
  • 3/4 C mayo
  • 1/4 C bottled chili sauce
  • 2 T ketchup
  • 1 1/2 T minced red onion
  • 2 tsp. sweet pickle relish
  • Squirt of lemon
  • 2 dashes of Worcestershire
  • S & P

Mix together, add to salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe