Monday, July 25, 2011

fab find(s): orange

Orange has always been one of my favorite colors, be it melon, tangerine, blood orange, etc....it is hip, mod, cool, and lately I have been obsessed with it! I spotted a tall dimpled orange vase at HomeGoods a couple of months ago. I will probably purchase the vase, even though it doesn't quite have a home in my home, but it will in a future hip and swanky room with a loungey vibe, thanks to the Canteen.

On my first trip to NYC, I was lucky enough to have a cocktail, or two, at the hip and trendy Canteen. It was a brown, white and orange slice of design heaven. Clean, mod lines, smooth surfaces, yet still cozy and swank. Sad to say that Canteen has closed, but the memory of it's fabulousness lives on in my mind.

While an all orange room would be, well, orange, it does make a stunning accent color when paired with brown and white or grey and white or brown, grey and white. If a little more depth is desired, the colors below can be added to any of the combinations above.
Valspar, Firmament


Valspar Minty Fresh

Valspar Summer in the City

brown paint: Valspar Barista, table lamp: Crate & Barrel Boka Persimmon Table Lamp, vase: Crate & Barrel Elio Orange Vase, box: Jonathan Adler Lacquer Stash Box, rug: Madeline Weinrib, grey paint: Valspar Porcini, pillow: Modern Chic Home Trina Turk Palm Springs Block Pillow (Frank Sinatra would have loved this pillow!), chair: Euro Furniture Proust Chair



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe