Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Colazione da Tiffany"!

Okay, I have been seriously lagging on my blog duties, please accept my apologies. I promise to do better, at least three a week, but I would prefer to do four, be patient.

This past weekend was absolutely, hmmm, how should I put it, let's just say "not great". The weather in Colorado was cold, windy, wet and my heart was hurting, so what is a girl to do...watch "Colazione da Tiffany", I love the way it sounds in Italian! I really am not a chick-flick chick, except for "Breakfast at Tiffanys". So, since I had a case of the "mean reds" this weekend, I had to watch it!

Audrey Hepburn was one of the most glamorous ladies and she did it without even trying. It of course didn't hurt that she wore one of the greatest Couturiers of all times, the king of fashion Givenchy, but she could wear a sheet (she did actually) and still look fabulous! The movie takes place in the early 60's, when fashion was lady like, interiors were swank and cocktails flowed freely!

Holly's apartment was very sparsely decorated, but it was still stylish. She had a zebra skin rug, a shipping crate for a cocktail table and a bathtub for a settee. Wait, a what for a settee? Yes, a bathtub, with stunning silk pillows, they were actually pink in the movie, not sure what happened to the color in the above photo. The reason why her apartment was so stylish was that she had furnishings that made an impact and no clutter.

Now Paul Baby's, a.k.a Fred, apartment was the complete opposite. His "decorator" decorated his in rich manly colors, damask wallpaper and a lot of gilded pieces. Not quite the apartment for a bachelor in 2009, but in 1961 it was pretty damn cool.

The weekend is over, the weather is still crappy, my heart is bruised, but my home is my Tiffanys, cheers darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe