Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crickets?


I was leafing through a magazine to find something to blog about since I haven't blogged in two weeks! I've been in a bit of a creative funk, couldn't figure out why until I came across an article in "Elle Decor". A question was posed to seven stylesetters. The question was basically what they think of, thoughts or memories, when they think of Summer. That's when it hit me, Summer in Colorado has been missing for a few weeks now. It has been wet, dreary and cool. Then I realized one of the things I love about Summer and look forward to, but due to the aforementioned conditions, they are missing...CRICKETS!

People think I'm crazy, and by people I mean friends and family, not to worry, I'm used to it. I'm not sure when I became fond of crickets, I did have a wooden Pinocchio doll as a child, but I'm thinking it probably started when I would spend the summers with my grandparents in Colorado. I probably didn't pay much attention to their song back then, but now I look forward to hearing them every Summer. The weather we have been having this July has unfortunately robbed me of slumber music. Yes, I do have a sound machine that I listen to year round and yes it is set to crickets every night, but I miss the real musicians. I do not blame their absence on my lack of creativity, I just miss them, but I do blame the weather!

I am truly a person who responds to warm, make that really warm, oh hell, hot temperatures! (Pardon the pun, but I couldn't resist.) As much as I love higher temperatures, I really love the sun. It is my daily dose of happy and I'm just not myself without it, hence the lack of creativity. I am hoping my "happy pill" is back in full force next week because I will be starting the headboard for my clients boudoir. Of course there is always the happy pill in the form of a martini, but I will be working with power tools...anybody know of a successful Sun dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe