Thursday, June 24, 2010

Food for Thought: Blue Cheese

It still amazes me that I did not like blue cheese up until a few years ago,then I had my first Buffalo Wing. As a kid I hated the stuff. I remember Mom making blue cheese "balls" for her Christmas parties and that was all you could smell when you opened the fridge, but now... I LOVE IT!

As much as I love to cook, Summer is my time of year for big-_ _ _ salads for dinner. I have been eating my own version of a Cobb salad three or four nights a week: Romaine, thinly sliced red onion, halved grape tomatoes, bacon, hard boiled egg, avocado, grilled chicken and Mom's blue cheese dressing. Now, I would love to share her recipe with my readers, but I do not want to be disowned. I do have another recipe that I use, so I will share that with you, it is Emeril Lagasse's. It is super yummy, especially with a dash of cayenne added ;)

  • 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Then there's Gorgonzola, it is sooo good with Arugula and thinly sliced red onion or pears. The following recipe is from Rachel Ray, super simple but oh so tasty!

  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup Gorgonzola
  • Salt and pepper

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe