Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trend Tuesday: Horse Photography

I spent the afternoon stacking hay at the Colorado Horse Rescue, it was fun and physical, and I will no doubt be feeling it tomorrow, but I do what I can for the horses. While schlepping bales today, I thought about the pictures I've seen of fabulous interiors, fabulous contemporary interiors. The Uchitel home above, was featured in "Elle Decor", May 2010, and I believe the horse photo to be magnificent.

The home above is the Designer Visions showhouse designed by Thom Filicia for House Beautiful, featured in the November 2009 issue. Both of the photos featured here are just amazing, catching the natural, be it sometimes wild, beauty of horses. I have seen other interiors as of late with horse photography and the thing that I love most about them is that they are not traditional or country decor, but modern, contemporary and bohemian.

I am not using horse photography for any current clients, but you better believe I will at some point. I am very excited though about a project that I am working on. I will be doing a photo transfer on canvas of a beloved farm animal who has since gone on to greener pastures...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe