Wednesday, May 11, 2011

greetings from the garden: flowers, flowers and more flowers

These happy flowers are just what I need to see after a 30° drop in temperature and nonstop rain and now frozen rain...


Nasturtium, Tropaeolum Majus Double Gleam (orange)


I am soooo excited to have been able to plant a flower garden for cutting purposes, thank you Buster! While most of the seeds made it in the ground last evening, I had to soak the ranunculus bulbs and morning glory seeds over night.


Ranunculus


California Poppy



Victorian Mix Dahlia



Teddy Bear Sunflower



Mexican Sunflower



Cosmos
Zinnia, Envy
Peony, Felix Crousse
Morning Glory, Scarlet O'Hara
Nasturtium, Jewel Mix



Although I wasn't quite outfitted for planting in the rain, I made my way out to the yard with my faithful sidekick, "Dog Faced Boy", my horse rescue wellies (thank goodness I hadn't taken them out of the car!) and proceeded to dig in the mud. All the while, frozen snow sneaking in past my waistband. But I will have flowers dammit, and they will be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe