Wednesday, May 18, 2011

style board: chic & thrifty

Let's say a I have client who saw this lovely room in Architectural Digest April 2011. And said client is not an antiquaire... and voila, a relatively inexpensive replica room. Well, at least more inexpensive than the stunning room above.

I followed the Art Deco-mod glam style, but trying to find affordable gilded furniture is a bit tough, so I swapped black lacquer for the gilded seating pieces. Both chairs are fantastic, but I would re-upholster the light one with a coral print fabric to go with the fabulous coral velvet. I couldn't find a brass table that I liked, price or style, so I chose the always reliable bamboo bench from Pearl River and decided to re-finish it with gold leaf. As for the columns...still searching.

sofa: DecoDame.com Panache Sofa in black lacquer, sofa fabric: Designers Guild Brera Lino Calico, floor lamp: Lamps Plus, chair #1: Etsy Rediscovered Style, chair & pillow fabric: Mood Fabrics, side table: Grandin Road, bamboo table: Pearl River, gold leaf for bamboo table: Mona Lisa Imitation Gold Leaf Kit, rug: Domestic Modern, chair #2: Etsy Rediscovered Style











4 comments:

  1. Ooooh those chairs! I'm going to check out that Etsy store now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, those chairs are amazing! thanks for stopping by my blog, it has allowed me to find yours ;) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That article was an inspiration for a recent project of mine. I love a really well laid-out studio space. The art-deco feel is totally the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe