Monday, April 27, 2009

Ahhh, The Lovely Lemon

Is there a fruit more perfect than the lemon? I don't think so! I am a fan of many types of fruits, but the fact that lemons can be used in savory dishes as well as desserts, makes them number one in my book, well blog. I made a fantastic pasta dish last week with a little fresh squeezed lemon, lemon zest, garlic, pepper flakes, olive oil, arugula and Parmesan, it was sooo tasty and simple!

I remember my Na Na making lemon cake. She would poke holes in the cake and drizzle a condensed amount of lemon JELLO over the cake. It was so moist, "Super Moist" mix wasn't needed! She would also put lemon juice on my hair once a week to make my blond hair even blonder, :) , very happy memories.

My first cookbook was the "Peanuts Cookbook" and the very first thing I made out of it was Lemon Squares. I have also made Lemon Granita, frozen sweetened lemon juice. Oh, I just remembered a rub I make for steaks, olive oil, lemon zest, rosemary and garlic, outstanding! And what would a Caesar salad be without lemon, just another bowl of lettuce...

Grab some lemons, be creative, a lemony adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe