Friday, April 3, 2009

Style

I am often asked, "What's your style?". My style is simple, but complex. I love touches of glam yet I have to be comfortable. I love the simple lines of modern furniture, and by modern I mean the hip furniture of the mid 40's to the late 60's, a subject for a future blog! I love the the rusticness (new word!) and character of old, not to mention the history. Texture is also a must to make a room come alive. So my style I guess would be "modern, cozy, rustic, glam", I'll have to work on a word for that, oh yeah, that would be eclectic, I prefer modern bohemian!

So that's my style, but when working with a client, I create their style. A house is not just a house, it is a home. A home is not just where we eat and sleep, but where we live. A home needs to reflect those who live in it and most important of all, a home needs to be comfortable, a place where you want to be. A place where you want others to be as well. A home doesn't have to look like it just came out of a magazine, or it can, just as long as it represents those who live in it.

There are many "styles" out there: modern, contemporary (yes, there is a difference), traditional, country, modern country (again, different), Spanish, etc. Style is represented by color, collections, furniture, artwork, lifestyle and most important of all, personality. So does your house look and feel like a home? Does your house reflect those who live there? Take a look around...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe