Thursday, September 30, 2010

food for thought: coffee?

My friend Wendy posted on fb this morning, "You should never skip the most important meal of the day...COFFEE! =)"My BFF, Z, is an especially happy camper now that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks, I'm holding out for the Egg Nog Latte, more on that in November ;) For me, coffee is a bit like a meal. I get my daily 24 oz. of milk through my homemade cafe con leches. Yes, I drink three a day.

Coffee is not just a simple cup of tasty caffeine. The growing, the picking, the roasting, the ecological effects, preparation, etc. Quite interesting, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/coffee, loved the part about the coffee prohibition!

The jury is still out on the health benefits of this magical bean, but the findings are pretty good. I can say on behalf of myself and I'm sure many others, I LOVE IT! It gets my day started. It warms me up on a chilly afternoon. It makes me feel good. That's a mighty fine benefit in and of itself!

How do you like your coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe