Wednesday, October 13, 2010

style board: Georgia O'Keeffe, "At the Rodeo, New Mexico"

Georgia O'Keeffe, hands down, is my favorite artist. I'm from the Southwest, so I appreciate her paintings from her beloved landscapes of New Mexico. But I also love her cityscape's from her time in New York City, truly amazing. I saw, "At the Rodeo, New Mexico" for the first time after I added yet another O'Keeffe book to my library. Her use of color, intense color, is not for the faint of heart, but she shows how well colors work with each other, even those that we mere mortals wouldn't even think of doing together.

This is style board is just one story taken from this magnificent painting. I imagine this living room having glossy black stained floors and deep velvety grey walls with various other pops of color through accessories. I am loving the faux deer head, a must see on etsy.com. Custom designs and colors also available.


Who or what inspires you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe