Wednesday, October 27, 2010

wednesday's interior(s): cozy

We have had a cold wind blowing here in Colorado for the past three days. I unfortunately have a window that does not close properly, so there is a bit of a draft in my home. So today I was drawn to cozy interiors...obviously I associate cozy with flokati shag rugs since one shows up in three out of five of the interiors here. Flokati rugs and texture. In the above photo the warn leather sofa, the rustic teak table and the grass cloth wall, work fabulously with the rug and the glow emanating from the lights, give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Amazing ceiling.
The wall tone in the above photo is a little on the cool side, I would warm it up a bit. I do love the color of the fireplace and the fact that it is a clean focal point, so awesome without a mantel. And that cute sofa is like a comfortable sweater!

This is a nice warm wall color. Another clean fireplace, simple and cozy.

Then there is one of my all time favorite movies with my all time favorite set design. A multitude of textures and the lighting. One of the easiest ways to achieve a cozy interior is the right lighting

Now this is a lair a girl could love...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe