Friday, December 17, 2010

friday musings: holiday shopping

I am already planning next years birthday since this years was, well, painful to say the least, literally... I have always wanted to go to NYC around the holiday's to see the decorations. The fact that there are holiday gift fairs, just makes it even more enticing. There are The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park, pictured above, that are open from early November to early January. The European inspired open air market features artisans from all over the world.


Union Square Holiday Market has over 100 unique artisans featuring gifts as well as nibbles.

I could handle a few days of shopping at these open air markets as well as hitting some fabulous boutiques that only The Big Apple has to offer. Then spend a couple of days at the Met losing myself in all of the glorious paintings and treasures of the past. And at the end of each day, eat like there is no tomorrow, happy birthday to me indeed!

Since I can't hit the open air markets in NYC, I will finish my Christmas shopping in the suburban jungle of the Denver Metro area and end the day dining with a cute boy. At least he's from N.Y. ;)

Have a great weekend!

TC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe