Monday, January 17, 2011

fab find: classic martini glass

Alfred Hitchcock's, "The Birds", is one of my favorite movies, it's a classic and so were the martini glasses...I have obsessed over these glasses for years. Mr. Taylor and Ms. Hedren took a martini set up on the knoll during Kathy's birthday party. The glasses were smallish with a thick stem, uber stylish. Mom & Pop actually have a very similar martini set in a smokey grey; this is my glass of choice when visiting. They acquired their set back in their swingin-60's-cocktail party-days, a time that I am quite envious of. Even though classic cocktail parties are few and far between, I can at least have my favorite glass on hand, just in case.



The Libertini from CB2 is only $3.95 and comes in clear, smoke and green. When I worked for Crate & Barrel, I submitted a sketch of "The Birds" glass in hopes that they would produce one like it. Well I had to wait 13 years, but it was worth it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe