Wednesday, March 9, 2011

style board: color trends 2011, blue curacao breakfast nook/cookbook library

Blue Curacao, another color from the Pantone Color Report Spring 2011. A very exotic, as well as tropical, color, but I used it in a simple, yet stylish, setting...
a breakfast nook with a cookbook library nearby. I personally would love to have a chic little reading area where I could go through my cookbooks and magazines instead of having to hall them into the great room.

Blue Curacao is a deeply saturated color, so depending on the natural light, a whole room in this fabulous blue might be a bit overwhelming. I would paint an accent wall blue and the rest of the walls a white with the slightest peach tint and perhaps the trim in a medium peach. Perhaps.
I realize this happy style board features more coral than Blue Curacao, but for this room, the BC touches work. Besides, you never know, I may do a more exotic and tropical room later ;)

Product sources available upon request, TCSTYLIST1@GMAIL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

subscribe